To build a health clinic to serve the villages in the surrounding areas.
Four chapters worked on the project:
- Columbia University
- West Coast Professional Chapter
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of Maryland College Park
Phase I: Completed by Columbia University
framing, roofing, and siding on the building
Phase II: Completed by UMD and UCLA
electrical system, plumbing, septic system, interior walls, ceiling, and the finishing work.
The new center was completed in 2004:
- can handle 60 visitors a day
- has a bedroom and living quarters for a doctor
- equipped with an inpatient room, an emergency room, a waiting area, a small laboratory, and a pharmacy